Friday, July 24, 2009

battles nobody sees

I am fine, I act fine. I live fine. In fact , fine is me!  I put my issues in a box, and stack it far away. I compartmentalize my life in order to survive. After all, a lie told to self over and over again starts become reality. Once in a while I pull out the box and go to familiar places but the trick is not to stay to long. EVER. Well, today I lingered over a thought and my compartments all disappeared. I tried to catch the spreading mess but my hands could only reach so far. It was more aggressive than I had imagined. It forced its way out, enjoying the new found freedom and suffocating me with every inch gained. I knew this day would come but I don’t remember ever thinking it would be this way. I’d have thought of the proverbial plan B because right now I’m running butt naked in the rain to keep sane.


***If light is the only thing that can dispel darkness why is the light only just flickering? What happened to bright searing beams?

5 comments:

  1. You know, if you claw your way towards the light, it gets brighter.
    *Call me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "..running butt naked in the rain.."....call me too

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ princess: an optimist? i definitely will call you.

    @sleek-okimanyi:-)
    it was not funny when i wrote it but after that suggestion i'm amused.

    ReplyDelete
  4. running butt naked in the rain always used to be fun :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. So thats why everyone has been texting me about your great body?! You've been running around naked! Way to go!!! LOL
    p.s-I LOVE YOU even though u r crazy!
    On a more serious note-keep breathing.

    ReplyDelete