Sunday, November 16, 2008

Layered in Love

Its easy to get weary,and to let go of what i already know,
and even easier to forget what you've led me through before,
when i am blinded by the present need,
i fail to see how much help i've already recieved,
i start to look through my alternatives,
trying to fix when i know i should yield.
i feel the distance growing and still,
I leave you on the outside as the battles rage within.
i get lost in the same self that led me to the crazy place that i am in,
and i keep banging on the same doors that i always do,
with the false hope that maybe this time i will find a way- by myself.
You let me try things my way because that's what love does
.....it doesn't interfere with free will.
It's up to me to reach for you.
You hate to watch me struggle
but you know i must in order to grow.
and when i finally reach my end,
and this prodigal in utter despair comes home,
you are there.
to fix the fraying edges of my sanity,
to heal my stubborn and worn heart.
to love me back to where i was meant to be.
Deserving nothing but a thrashing,
i'm given more than i hope for, more than in need.
i'm Layered in Love.

9 comments:

  1. yes, beautiful. and if it comforts you any, I am doing that prodigal dance with you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "You hate to watch me struggle
    but you know i must in order to grow..."


    The times when we do stand alone are the times we grow best...this was incredibly beautiful, to say to least. Loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. scotchie- let's go home.

    @jaycee- thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i am not one to fall for poetry, but this one has me floored! beautiful. soulful...loved it

    ReplyDelete
  5. first thing i thought of was beautiful but somehow some people already said that.
    its beautiful! can't think of a better word. its beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  6. @antipop- glad you like it.

    @feather-there is nothing wrong with shared sentiments. p.s how are you?

    ReplyDelete