Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Rain?!?

Rain has always had an equivocal effect on me, threatening and soothing in the same breath. Unbridled passions and  the unaffected parts of me that I dare not show (even to self)  are inspired by the gushing rain...suddenly they are free to run unashamedly through my mind. The drops falling from their high places are like thoughts and feelings that are finally being released, allowed to run their course and find their destinies. Some bind themselves to something greater and gain momentum as they go. Others destroy what ever is standing in their way only to meet  a similar fate or be abandoned. Like all torrents, they eventually wane. Whatever makes it through is left awakened and refreshed . The lingering sadness over what has  been lost is intertwined with the excitement of the new. Nature though often unclear does give birth to clarity. The cold on the outside compels us to deal with the cold within.

8 comments:

  1. First time here..
    This is nice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. cold does good things to you kid.
    All i seem tothink about are pillows and blankies and hot chocolate...
    (starbucks with me tomorrow at 3:30?..please pretty?!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. But Islander, I am impressed. More so than usual.
    You have taken my thoughts about rain and expressed them better than I ever could.
    *Bows*

    @scotchie: I'm crashing this rendezvous! Sha! how was I not invited?!

    **Just to be cute: socksies!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this...and the funny thing is I feel the same mushy way abt rain. Lol. So poetic!

    ReplyDelete
  5. @the risingpage- thanks. i'm off too check your page out.

    @scotchie- i think about 'em pillows too.

    @princess- Sankyu, sankyu.
    * and you dont need an invite.

    @jaycee- it's good to know that i'm not alone:-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Rain. I've not always been a big fan of the rainy days unless of course am all warm & fuzzy under the covers. But after reading this post I realize I've been like a bird let out of a cage on a rainy day. On rainy days when I've actually braved the rain by been outside the covers. It evokes emotions and feelings in me that am not aware exist or as so deeply buried when they are brought back to surface they're so liberating and nolstagic all at once!

    How can I thank you enough for this post!?

    ReplyDelete
  7. @prettylyf- i'm glad you like it.

    ReplyDelete