Wednesday, January 28, 2009

whatever helps you sleep at night.

 and so I run from the truth even as it stares me right in the face. I compromise, make excuses , stretch boundaries, take back my own words... anything to help me  feel better about missing the mark. Perhaps having lived a lie for so long I may be able to turn it into reality. I look at the world through rose tinted glasses hoping that the good I continually  fail to find in myself  is somewhere in somebody else. There has got to be somebody out there who  has got it together, right? and even though  nobody's perfect.....some people seem to come pretty close. I like to think that there is a trace of beauty in their flaws.  That's why I shouldnt lose hope...I should dig deep and try to find the gem within.....even if this means sorting through so much junk.  it'll pay off in the end. Yeah. Sure.

8 comments:

  1. Yeah....You may find pips who regard you as close to perfect..

    ReplyDelete
  2. funny things with the gems-they are usually right infront of you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. figurative meaning of gems anyway

    ReplyDelete
  4. you know, apart from the occasional insanity-such as the spontaneous bursting into song when i am trying to sleep,the mornings you steal the shirt I just ironed...you know apart from such moments you pretty darn close to perfect. seriously!!! confirmed even more by the fact that you cant see it!!!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. and the trace of beauty in their flaws is absolute oxymoron genius!!!
    well-you know what I am saying!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. @therisingpage-maybe i will.

    @feather-keeping my eyes wide open.

    @scotchie-big sisters dont usually think the world of little sisters that literally and otherwise cramp their style:-)

    * you dont want two left feet on the dancefloor.

    ReplyDelete