Saturday, August 22, 2009

Release?!?!?!?

it's Saturday night. I'm at home. in bed . with my best friend. no, not like that. She's not feeling too good. I'm truthfully not any better. so we lie here in silence. it doesn't fix anything. but i feel a lot less alone. And in my world that is a good thing....most of the time.
"in a room full of people but as lonely as hell" that's her line, not mine. it echoes what my heart knows only too well. I spend my days being nice, trying to make connections with people that i don't even think i like, doing my job because it is after all what i signed my self up for. that's what life is like right? i should be glad i have a job and all that positive junk we constantly feed each other to help us get through life no matter how crappy it gets.
so at the end of the day i shuffle my exhausted self into my apartment , too spent to really talk to the people i actually care about about things i care about. i make a half hearted attempt at actually communicating with God but that doesn't go very far. i feel like he left me out on a limb and if he's a good as they say he is why wont he give me a break? It's like I'm a spider and he's pinned me down by one leg (the way used to torture the ones i found in the bathroom when i was a kid) and no matter what i do I'm going to have to come back and settle stuff with him. And even though i know and i deserve it for having done stuff i shouldn't have, it pisses me off. i honestly don't like him very much in moments like these. I hate the trapped feeling. once again I'm aware of how alone i am on so many different levels.
But there is no point in complaining. so we lie here in silence. Hoping the gaps will narrow. Hoping that hope will live past little sorrows. Hoping in tomorrow.

8 comments:

  1. i RELATE SO MUCH TO THIS ENTRY...ITS LIKE YOU ARE READING PART OF ME.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ko the ka spider imagery.

    squeeshies and kisses

    ReplyDelete
  3. c'est la vie :( isn't it depressing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. child!!! You need to mentally regress about 20 years...and literally sing Disney songs in your head when you go to work, and watch sponge bob when you get home.
    Why?
    Because God, and Loneliness and Spiders in the same post is worrying me entirely too much!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. btw. we are going shopping this weekend.

    btw. again. You are 'the best friend' are all acting like Meredith and Christina. I totally feel like Izzy. on the outside looking in, busy hustling with "George"...literally George. LOL...yes, there. SMILE MORE OFTEN!

    ReplyDelete
  6. @ tricia-guess some experiences are common to us all...thanks for the fb add.

    @ collysil- i'm squeeshing you back:-)

    @cheryl- sometimes. not always. headed to your blog.

    @scotchie- yay! nothing like retail therapy to excite me. But everyone loves Izzy, and i love you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. life it is. i'm with scotchie. smile more often

    ReplyDelete
  8. Totally on point...wow how many times have I felt like this? Thanks for this.

    ReplyDelete