Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Untitled.

And so I dance
Hoping you’ll notice
the girl behind the makeup,
you don’t have to remember
and I  shouldn’t expect you to
you get what you paid for,
I put food on my table
just another girl
hoping she’s special
so I’ll keep dancing
pretend our eyes didn’t meet
a moment’s recognition,
dismissed as an illusion
as always
The lights will go out
tomorrow there’ll be another girl
perhaps prettier
maybe more skilled
definitely not me
gotta pull a crowd
or you’re out
and so I dance tonight
with everything I’ve got
Unseen,
even as the spotlight shines on me!

8 comments:

  1. :-)

    There's many reasons I love you. Lol!

    :-) :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was waiting for your nxt entry. I love it. I took myself there pictured the place.
    P.s thnx 4th add too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. my God!Marry me....seriously. this is bliss...

    ReplyDelete
  4. @princess-love you too.

    @tricia-glad you liked it.

    @feather:-) you are so quiet!?!?

    @sleek-thanks..God just might marry you, you know:-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL @ Sleek!!! I see we elicited a proposal:-)

    Islander..we have to talk!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh and i like again. me quiet. ya, i know. dont seem to have a voice much these days even in poetry. but am always reading:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. saw your comment on my blog. thanx. and yes i'm a hopeless romantic...what can i say?
    beautiful piece..the longing to be noticed is so real...loved it.

    ReplyDelete