Sunday, December 6, 2009

the truth

It is the scariest thing in the world. It has the power to break hearts, it has the power to heal us. They say it can set us free. I dont know, it might depend on the truth you see, sometimes it feels like the truth just might be the death of me.  I know it can eat us from within, constantly battering our insides as if our life depends on it. The truth maybe the hardest thing to bear, but it still is the truth, sooner than later, whether kicking and screaming or having been beaten into desperate submission by the weight of it all, it's something we all have to face. And  if we are fortunate enough,we come out bruised and broken..... but alive.

10 comments:

  1. No way else to know the essence of 'being alive'? :-(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eh child! But the truth shall set you free! We must hang on to that maxim for all we're worth. Ignore the pain, truth and light go hand in hand too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ..like Princess said, the truth however painful sets something in us free..and that freedom is what we unknowingly search for.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I completely understand. I seem to continually swim in 'de nile' Its easier than de truth:-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like this piece. I know the truth and light go hand in hand and that in spite it's harsh reality: facing the truth us what will help us live our lives in their true essence.

    I had a battle with my own truth this year. And even now that I see the situation for what it really was, I can't help but feel my heart pound faster at the lies.

    Truth is power! And I am glad to say that we shouldn'tbe afraid of the truth.

    Thanks islet for sharing this.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. truth...aaah after its stung... you are free

    ReplyDelete
  8. truth...aaah after its stung... you are free

    ReplyDelete
  9. hey everyone, thanks for the comments.forgive my disappearing act. i'm going to catch up with all your blogs later tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  10. ok.. I completely understand where you were at with this. been battling my mind the last couple of weeks about the truth... or at least some fragment of it. it is funny that what i was most afraid of is exactly what i needed to face to set my soul free.
    i am glad you wrote this, because i was too chicken to air out my feelings at the time. i hope you got to face the truth finally as i did. :D.
    isn't growing up something ELSE!.. we shall overcome love, we shall overcome!

    ReplyDelete