Friday, June 4, 2010

oh well....

At 8:45 pm, in my bed in a foreign country I finally come to the realization of what’s really been bugging me. What’s made me freak out the boyfriend with sudden unexplained tears to which in his great wisdom he attributes to hormones. Can’t agree with him, can’t refute it either. Life does feel like a roller coaster ride for the most part. I haven’t written in forever, haven’t cared too. Been too busy being bogged down by my insignificance and the impermanence of my existence even as all this great stuff was happening in my life. It’s what we all long for, a fulfilling life, the prospect of true love, a very real possibility that all our life’s dreams could come true. It’s kinda scary when you realize don’t really know what to do with it because you don’t really know who you really are. There!!!! That’s what’s bugging me… I’m having trouble finding self, and it’s on nights like these when you regret having watched more tv in 3 weeks than anyone should watch in a lifetime(unless they don’t mind having mush in the place of grey matter) . With the reluctance of a willing addict you turn the damn thing off and for fear of your own thoughts turn to the comfort of a book…right after a short rant with run-on sentences that a much loved but a tad too grammatically correct best friend will find very irritating…….

7 comments:

  1. I'm just glad you wrote this post.Missed you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "a short rant with run-on sentences that a much loved but a tad too grammatically correct best friend will find very irritating."

    I always love it when writing turns meta...

    You do realize that part of the beauty of self-discovery is acknowledging that you don't really know who you are? Of course, the immediate realization can be psychologically shocking... depressing, even, but ultimately, it's the perfect start to an epiphany. Or maybe it's just me.

    Take heart, you will find yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lols! I'm reading this at one something all bleary-eyed and I am itching, just itching to go into this post and edit it myself.

    But you know, you're getting there. On that journey to "find self", there are supposed to be moments of self-doubt and tears, and occasionally really loud laughter. Also, I think that when we spend so much time trying to analyze ourselves and life in general, we forget that life is quite happily passing us by...

    Love you, bestie. It will be a'right.

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanx for finally turning off the TV bub...welcome back!

    ReplyDelete
  5. hormones,lol, i like this guy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. tricia-i missed you too... i'm trying to be more
    consistent

    Jeremiah- i like you already...

    Princess- glad you didnt give in to the itch... you are a good bestie!

    L.A- it's about time... have alot of blog reading to catch up on

    Feather- me too:p

    Scotchie- sometimes i think like a silly sausage

    ReplyDelete