Friday, December 19, 2008

things i've learned from the men in my life.

1. to look fear in the face and not run.

2. to do what needs to be done, the best way i can.
 
3. to be proud of who i am, butnot let that get in the way of who i can become.

4. to give of myself until there is nothing more to give.

5. to rise above mistakes,no matter how grave.

6. to make sacrifices, and find joy and putting others before self.

7. to never stop dreaming, for dreams are the buds from which great achievement sprouts.

8. to remember that inspite of all the evidence pointing to the contrary...God does exist.

9.  that although  life  mays take some unexpected turns, it is never an excuse enough for me to give up.

10.that strong winds make strong trees only when the roots run deep.

11. to savour  the present, because i can never be  absolutely sure of tomorrow's sunrise.

12. to consider the careless abandon of children at play, and realise that sometimes like them I need to stop trying to fix everthing and abandon myself to God's providence.


P.s.I know without a doubt that i couldn't have been given a better father and brother.

3 comments:

  1. awwww!!! soooo sweet. that p.s!
    your men have taught you well!! (tell my men to step it up..eh?)
    I'm proud of you child, your quiet wisdom continues to amaze:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am off to "think on it."
    I know, I know. Total DT. lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the lessons. no. 12 reaches home.

    ReplyDelete